Nominations close Friday 12 March 2021
2021 Youth Awards Fact Sheet(DOCX, 2MB)
2021 Youth Awards Nomination Form(PDF, 1MB)
The Youth Awards aim to recognise and celebrate young people who have made and/or are currently making significant contributions in celebrate and recognise the amazing young people aged between 12 and 25 years of age who live, study or work within the Mildura Rural City Council area.
All young people nominated will be recognised at a formal Dinner to be held on Wednesday 8 April 2021 and will receive a certificate from Mildura Rural City Council for their achievements and or contribution to the local community. The individual award winners will receive a $100 voucher and winning groups will receive $200 voucher.
AWARD CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
Youth Carer Award
This award recognises an individual who is a carer for a family member, relative or friend with a disability, mental illness or chronic condition.
This may be demonstrated through performing tasks such as;
- Caring for others by cooking, banking, and shopping, driving and daily chores.
- Generally giving his or her time to making life more comfortable for someone else.
- Balances caring, work, school and/or studies commitments.
Youth Volunteer Award
This category recognises a young person who regularly gives up his or her valuable time and effort for the benefit of the community or an organisation.
This may be demonstrated through the following:
- Commitment to volunteering.
- Addressing a community need or issue.
- Has organised or been involved in a community group or activity which has improved people’s lives.
- Made a positive contribution to an organisation or group that is community focused.
- Encouraged others to participate in the community.
Youth Community Group Award
This category recognises a group of young people who have shown outstanding dedication through their involvement or participation in the community and have made a significant difference.
This could be a group that demonstrates any of the following:
- A team or group committed to the improvement of the wellbeing of others. For example helping others in a time of need, a community group, a church group, school group or charity organisation that creates a stronger caring community
- A team or group that inspires and/or empowers others to add value or participate voluntarily in the community with a positive, caring attitude.
Please note - 80 per cent of the group members need to be between the ages of 12 and 25 to be eligible for this award.
Youth Artist Individual Award
This category recognises a young person who has demonstrated initiative, innovation and made a positive community contribution through drama, visual arts, performing arts, technical support, debating, literacy pursuits or music.
This may have been demonstrated through any of the following:
- Being supportive and actively involved in the visual arts or performing arts industry.
- Making a particular effort to mentor or teach others in their chosen activity
- Using their talent to volunteer or make a contribution to the community
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information or assistance with the nomination application please contact the Youth Development Officer, Barbara Clifford on (03) 5018 8100 or email email@example.com
Previous Award Winners
Youth Volunteer Award - Sophie McAliece
Youth Group Award - All Abilities football coaching team
Youth Carer Award - Martin Zigashane
Youth Artist Award - Sophia Craig
Youth Artist Award - Loughie Kemp
Most Outstanding Young Carer Award - Lily Bruhn
Youth Volunteer Award Joint Winners - Jarrod Searle and Cheyenne Cochrane
Youth Community Group Award – HomeBase
Youth Volunteer Award Joint Winners – Bethany Simpson and Tanika Thorne
Youth Group Award – Bold Magazine
Youth Carer Award – Carla Piscitelli
Youth Artist Award – Ben Muster
Youth Volunteer Award Joint Winners – Georgie Hopkins and Antonio Liparota
Youth Group Award – Afghan Representatives of Mildura Mehdi Arifi , Sayema Najafi, Idress Jaffari ,Latifa Jaffry; Mohammed Ad Shujaee; Raihana Hashimi; Rohullah Ataye; Sadia Najafi; Saadat Ibrahimi
Youth Carer Award – Guylac (Rau) Mak
Youth Artist Award – Emily McEwan
Youth Volunteer Award Joint Winners - Jemma Searle and Jack Perry
Youth Artist Group Award - Sunraysia Gang Show Movement Team - Lily Adams, Kayla Adams, Alicia Jones, Rhiannon Curtis, Emily McEwan, Catherine O’Callaghan, Jarrod Searle, Jemma Searle and Sharnie Stimm
Youth Carer Award - Lexie Millward
Youth Artist Award - Brooke Lauder
Youth Volunteer Award - Juslin Ruganzia
Youth Community Group Award – Leo Club of Sunraysia - Katerina Blekic, Ivana Bleic, Nikolas Blekic, Salli Browne, Teagan Deacon, Allie Deacon, Erica Deacon, Jack Dobbs, Emily Evans, Joshua Gowers, Tahlia Kite, Chris Lawrence, Todd Linnett, Ben Mahoney, Danielle Mazza, Mikayla McGowan-Rickard, Aleare Smith, Bonnie Ransome, Holly Stone, Matt Valerio, Dylan Watson and Chlsea Wilkinson
Youth Carer Award Joint Winners – Tyson Keeble & Shannon Proctor
*Note award categories were changed in 2015
Create Award: Kurt Graf
Participate Individual Award - Zhoe Drust
Group Participate Award- Ride for the Hills group - Angus Bock, James Nugent, Jake Cumming, Jacob Lonsdale and Jack O’Donnell, Declan Marrows, Ethan Hicks, Tim Hill and Ben Galbraith
Activate Award - Tyler Trevaskis
Most Outstanding Young Carer Award: Breanna Noble
Create Awards Joint Winners - Genevieve Pragt & Brody Flowers
Activate - Amanda Doolan
Individual Participate Award – Katerina Blekic
Group Participate Award Joint Winners - Chaffey Secondary College - Diversity Program and Mildura FReeZA Committee
Most Outstanding Young Carer Award - Stephanie Slater