Caravan parks

All Victorian Caravan Parks must register with Council under the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks & Moveable Dwellings Registrations & Standards) Regulations 2010.

The proprietor of a Caravan Park must lodge an application to register a Caravan Park upon starting a Caravan Park, as well as when renewing the registration prior to the existing registration expiring.

Along with the required documents for registration, Caravan Park owners must prepare and maintain an Emergency Management Plan in consultation with the relevant emergency service agencies and submit to Council for review. An Emergency Management Plan Template is available from Council’s Environmental Health Services. An Emergency Management Plan covers fire safety issues, as regulated by the Country Fire Authority (CFA).

Further information is available at the CFA website or by contacting your local CFA office. Any enquiries regarding Caravan Parks should be directed to Environmental Health Services on 03 5018 8100 or