Join the library
Becoming a Mildura Rural City Council Libraries member is a simple and straightforward process. Membership is free, and opens up access to a number of programs, initiatives and services.
Library membership benefits:
- Borrow books, magazines, CDs, DVDs and more for free from the collections of 150 council libraries across Victoria as part of the Libraries Victoria network.
- Download free eBooks, Audiobooks, eMagazines and online resources.
- Access children’s digtial games and stories
There are four membership categories:
Visit a branch
You can visit any of our Library branches to become a member. All you need to do is:
- Bring identification which includes current local address (eg. a drivers licence or health care card)
- If you are under 18, you need to visit with a parent or guardian. Their identification and signature is all that’s needed!
You can also become a member by completing our online registration form.
Click here to become a member
Once you complete the form, you will be provided with a temporary membership, which is valid for two years. This will allow you to use our extensive range of online services.
To borrow physical items, collect your library card from one of our libraries. Please bring current identification. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian’s signature will be required.
Are you a visitor to our area?
Visitors to our region are also able to take advantage of our many services. Simply bring identification that includes your permanent residential details. A refundable deposit ($40 individual, $80 family) applies.
Organisation memberships aim to support groups, such as schools, pre-schools, community groups to access our local libraries.
An organisational membership form needs to be completed each year and signed by your principal/manager, then returned to the library.
The approved individual representatives need to bring personal identification, with their current local address, into the library to complete the process.
Both the nominated member, and the organisation, are responsible for the care and return of all items borrowed. Notices for lost and damaged items will be issued to the relevant organisation, who will then be responsible for any payments owing.
Lost your library card and need a replacement? No worries! Lost cards can be replaced for a small fee. Visit any of our branches and talk to one of our staff members to find out more.