The Community Garden at Mildura Eco Village includes a series of irrigated raised garden beds that are available for hire and a large on-ground community garden bed which is available for anybody to use who love to garden and volunteer their time.
The Community Garden comprises:
- Various sized fully irrigated raised garden beds for hire
- On-ground community garden bed
- A composting area
- Fully functioning worm farm
- Public art access
- Sustainable children's play area
Using the Community Garden
Raised garden beds can be hired through the Sunraysia Sustainability Network. There is an annual fee for each bed you’re allocated, which MUST be paid before you start using your bed. The raised garden beds once hired are not to be harvested by members of the community other than people who have hired them.
- “Single” Raised Bed (1m x 4m): $50
- “Intermediate” Raised Bed (1.5 x 4m): $60
- “Family” Raised Bed (2m x 4m): $75
Renewals for raised garden beds occur annually in September
To apply for your own raised garden bed within the Community Garden please contact Mildura Rural City Council's Environmental Sustainability Unit on 03 5018 8100, read the Guidelines and complete the application form provided below.
Anyone can become a member of the Community Garden by joining the Sunraysia Sustainability Network. Membership is currently free and covers public liability and volunteer insurance.
SSN membership form(PDF, 325KB)
Garden Members can contribute their time and experience in many ways. This includes volunteering your time on the on-ground community garden bed by doing things such as weeding, planting, and general maintenance you may be able to harvest and take home the seasonally available food including an abundance of strawberries.
Workshops and hands-on learning experiences will be open to the whole community.
About the Community Garden
The Garden is a place where you, your family or community group can:
- Grow fresh food
- Volunteer your time to help out at the garden
- Work with and learn from other people
- Develop new skills through hands-on experience and workshops
- Swap produce with others
- Prepare and eat the food you grow at events on-site
- Be part of something unique in our community