Download an ebook, audiobook, magazine or stream a movie - all from the comfort of your home, office, or wherever you have internet access. We have a variety of options at your disposal!
Creativebug - art and craft classes
Enjoy unlimited access to over a thousand online art and craft classes. Watch the classes 24/7 on any device and because they never expire, you can start and stop projects at your own pace. No pressure, just great fun!
- Get first access to new classes released every day
- Download patterns, templates and recipes
- Stay connected through community galleries & forums
- Go to the Creativebug website and login with your library card number and PIN
- Create an account using an email address and password
- Mobile app access is available once you have created your account.
If you don’t have library membership, you can join online or visit a library.
Download the Mobile App
LOTE4Kids - online stories in English and other languages
LOTE4Kids is our new online database of over 2,000 digital books in World Languages, that allows kids and adults to enjoy the magic of books in LOTE (Languages Other Than English). Most books also come with English translations to help kids learn languages.
- Click here to access the webpage
- Type in Mildura Library in the find your library to login field and select Mildura and Swan Hill libraries.
- Then type in your library card number and click submit
- Now select a flag for stories in that language.
Kanopy - stream more than 30,000 movies
Sign up to Kanopy for free, link your library card and get access to more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, hard-to-find titles, film festival favourites, indie and classic films, world cinema, kids movies and much more. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for Apple, Android, AppleTV or Chromecast.
You can stream six movies a month. Kanopy allows 72 hours to watch your chosen movie from the time you start watching!
- Visit the library's Kanopy link
- Click Sign Up and create your account with name, email and password
- Open your email account, and in the email received from Kanopy, click Verify Email
- Go back to Kanopy and login with your email and password
- Go to your Dashboard and add your MRCC Libraries card details (only card number is required)
- You can then search or browse the collection, add movies to your watchlist, and start watching!
Ancestry Library Edition
Ancestry Library Edition provides you with access to a wide range of unique resources for family history and historical research. There are more than 1.5 billion names in over 4,000 databases.
Note: For use in the library only using public computers
Ancestry Library Edition
Find My Past
The World edition of Findmypast includes material from Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland, British India, Canada and the United States. Access in the library only.
PressReader - newspapers and magazines
Enjoy 7,000-plus digital newspapers and magazines, from more than 100 countries in more than 60 languages.
Read on the device of your choice – smartphone, tablet or on your laptop – using the same account. Customise your reading experience with bookmarks, sharing, translate and comment features.
- Install one of the apps and Sign In using the library option
- Search for the library (Mildura) and add your library card and PIN
- Browse or search for a title
- Download the title to your device
PressReader Help Centre
BorrowBox - eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Using the Apple, Android app or BorrowBox website, login with your library card number and PIN
- Search for a book
- Borrow your choice
- Download the book to your device
uLIBRARY - eAudiobooks
We have expanded our audiobook service with the introduction of uLIBRARY.
You can browse the collection and listen to your choice through the uLIBRARY website or via the apps. Available for Apple and Android devices, the app has been designed for ease of use, offering features like a sleep timer and change the narrator's speed.
This new service, provided through Ulverscroft is free for users with a library card. To get started visit the uLIBRARY website, or download the uLIBRARY app.
Don't have a membership. Create one here.
- Using the Apple, Android app or uLIBRARY website, login with your library card number and PIN
- Search for a book
- Borrow your choice
- Download or stream the book to your device
Choice is an Australian consumer advocacy magazine. Access Choice using the Flipster apps or directly from the website.
Using a Mobile Device
- Download a Flipster app - Apple | Android | Kindle Fire
- Click on Get Started
- Search for the library name (Mildura) and when prompted, sign-in with your library card number.
- View the current Choice magazine.
- Scroll down to view and download six years of back issues.
Using the Website
- Go to Choice
- Click on the current issue to read
- To access back issues, open the current issue and click All Issues in the right hand menu
- Scroll to find the required issue and click to open
Clue Detective Puzzle Agency
You must first login with your library card and PIN to access.
- Go to our Clue Detective login page
- Enter your library card number and PIN and click login
- Click the Clue Detective logo to access
- If you have a library membership but can’t login – you can reset your PIN online, or contact your library.
- If you don’t have a library membership, you can join online
GCF - online learning tool
Visit GCF to learn anywhere, anytime. Enjoy self-paced tutorials, and explore resources on technology, maths, careers, reading and everyday life.
Trove - online research tool
Trove allows you to search 385,659,441 Australian and online resources including books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more.
Good Reading online magazine contains Australian resources with information on ‘Everything About Books’. There are also thousands of independent book reviews, author profiles, short stories, book trivia and much more.
DriveSmart helps you to become a better, safer driver as you prepare to get your licence.
This interactive program takes you through a range of driving scenarios and quizzes, where you need to make safe driving judgements. It will also help improve your hazard perception, scanning and concentration skills. It's the perfect digital partner to the real-world experience you get in a car.
Aussie Driver offers FREE practice tests based on the official 2018 VIC Road to Solo Driving Handbook. It also offers questions similar to those on your actual test. There are hints and explanations to help you through questions on road safety, traffic regulations, road signs and rules, and fines and limits, all of which you’ll see on your exam.