Applications now open to join our FReeZA Committee
Published on 06 November 2023
Young people aged 12 to 24 who call our region home are encouraged to show their interest in joining Mildura Rural City Council’s 2024 FReeZA Committee.
The Committee – which is a Victorian Government-funded initiative – provides members with a chance to lead, plan and stage events for young people in their community.
FReeZA Committee members will participate in a host of activities including planning and delivering events for young people, attending training workshops, promoting FReeZA activities and working cooperatively with other team members.
Being a member of the FReeZA Committee will provide opportunities to:
- Develop communication, public speaking and conflict resolution skills
- Grow leadership and advocacy skills
- Gain confidence working in a team
- Connect to likeminded young people and the broader community
- Gain volunteering experience.
Councillor for Community Health and Wellbeing Troy Bailey encouraged young people to sign up and make a difference in their community.
“We’re fortunate to have some really talented, enthusiastic young people in our region,” Cr Bailey said.
“Joining our FReeZA Committee will open the way for a whole range of opportunities to pick up new skills, expand social networks and develop professionally and personally.
“If you’re a young person looking for a challenge and a chance to grow, then this is the opportunity for you.”
Recent activities planned or led by our FReeZA Committee include:
- Underage Disco
- Outdoor Cinema Night
- Youth Expo
- Art and Film Competitions
- Opportunities to volunteer at community music and sporting events, competitions and celebrations
- Opportunities to develop event management, leadership and employment skills.
Expressions of interest to join the committee can be made at https://bit.ly/JoinFreeza until Friday, 10 November.
For more information call 03 5018 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org