Councillors to consider draft 2020-21 Annual Budget
Published on 27 July 2020
Mildura Rural City Council’s draft 2020-21 Annual Budget will be considered for adoption at this Wednesday’s Special Council Meeting.
The meeting follows a 28-day consultation period during which residents were able to provide submissions on the draft Budget.
Twenty submissions were received and will be considered along with the draft document at this Wednesday’s meeting.
Key points in the draft budget include:
- $1.5 million Community Recovery Fund to support social and economic recovery from COVID-19.
- $50.74 million capital works program, including:
- $24.32 million on buildings and building improvements, including the Mildura South Regional Sporting Precinct, Old Powerhouse Theatre refurbishment and upgrades to the Lake Cullulleraine Multipurpose Centre
- $13.25 million on roads projects, including removing sand drift from roads in the Millewa and resealing more than 90 kilometres of sealed road network
- almost $6 million in drainage works.
The total proposed budget for the 2020-21 financial year is $148.94 million, just over 66 per cent of which will be collected through rates.
Council is proposing a two per cent rate increase, in line with the Victorian Government’s Fair Go Rates cap.