Volunteers contribute a great deal to Mildura Rural City Council Libraries each year through a range of activities such as:
- Shelf reading and tidying
- Home library deliveries
- Research historical ‘Peeps into the Past’ columns for the local newspaper
- Words on Wheels program delivery
- Special projects as available eg: Local history scanning
We value the input of our volunteers. The time, enthusiasm and energy they commit to assist with the delivery of services for our community is commendable.
To be a volunteer you need to:
- Read Mildura Rural City Council’s Volunteer Policy(PDF, 182KB)
- Complete a Volunteer Registration and Agreement Form
- Email the library to organise a meeting with a staff member to discuss tasks available
- Complete a Police Check (depending on the task undertaken)
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (if applicable)
- Participate in basic training
- Commit to a work schedule
If you are interested in volunteering at your local public library email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into your local library to discuss.