Immunisation & Vaccination for adults
Council provides a range of immunisation services to protect the community against vaccine-preventable diseases. This includes free immunisation clinics, some adult immunisations, school immunisations, and workplace immunisations. Community immunisation clinics are by appointment only.
We do not provide travel immunisations or shingles vaccine. We encourage you to contact your GP to access these vaccines. Please call Council on 03 5018 8100 to book an appointment for all of the venues listed below.
Council's immunisation service offers influenza vaccines to the general public at community flu vaccine clinics.
The flu shot is free for babies and children aged between 6 months and under 5 years, people aged over 65, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, pregnant women and people with chronic illness. A fee of $22, payable by EFTPOS on the day, applies to all others.
Upcoming flu vaccine clinics
Mildura - Benetook Room, The Alfred Deakin Centre
Tuesday 31 May, 10am-1pm
Saturday 4 June, 10am-1pm
Book an appointment
Bookings are essential. Please call us on 5018 8100 to make your appointment or find out more.
Workplace flu vaccine program
Council offers a workplace flu vaccine program to local businesses and worksites.
Our qualified Immunisation Nurses can visit local worksites and businesses with 10 or more employees. Workplaces with under 10 employees can arrange a time for their staff to receive their flu shot at Council’s Deakin Avenue Service Centre in Mildura.
In Victoria, Japanese Encephalitis vaccine is available free-of-charge for specific priority groups, including those who may have occupational exposure to the virus.
JE vaccination is recommended for the following priority groups:
- people who work at, reside at, or have a planned non-deferable visit to a:
- piggery, including but not limited to farm workers and their families (including children aged 2 months and older) living at the piggery, transport workers, veterinarians and others involved in the care of pigs
- pork abattoir or pork rendering plant.
- personnel who work directly with mosquitoes through their surveillance (field or laboratory based) or control and management, and indirectly through management of vertebrate mosquito-borne disease surveillance systems (e.g. sentinel animals) such as:
- environmental health officers and workers (urban and remote)
- all diagnostic and research laboratory workers who may be exposed to the virus, such as persons working with JEV cultures or mosquitoes with the potential to transmit JEV; as per the Australian Immunisation Handbook. (These people may need a booster dose if they have ongoing risk of exposure to the virus).
- People who reside or usual place of work in the following local government areas of Mildura, Swan Hill, Gannawarra, Campaspe, Moira, Greater Shepparton, Indigo, Wodonga, Loddon and who meet the following criteria:
- aged 50 to 65 years and
- employed in an occupation that is largely or totally outdoors (defined as spending at least 4 hours per day outdoors).
Information for the public | health.vic.gov.au
Upcoming Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine public clinics
Tuesday 13th September 11-2pm in the Committee Room Mildura Rural City Council Deakin Avenue
Tuesday 27th September 430pm-545pm Benetook Room
Bookings essential and payment of $22 per vaccination over the phone when booking or via EFTPOS on the day