FReeZA Youth Led Crew
Mildura Rural City Council’s FReeZA program is part of the Victorian State Government funded initiative that gives young people the opportunity to lead the planning and staging of events for other young people in their local community.
Why should I join the FReeZA Youth Led Crew?
- Develop your communication skills, public speaking and conflict resolution
- Grow you leadership and advocacy skills
- Gain confidence working in a team
- Get connected to likeminded other young people and the wider community
- Gain volunteering experience
When meeting and activities are to be held?
All meetings and activities are held outside of school hours.
What will my role be?
- To plan and deliver events and activities for young people
- Attend meetings and celebrations
- Attend training or workshops (this is not compulsory)
- Let us know If you cannot attend meetings
- Work cooperatively with other members in the team
- Be involved in volunteering
- Promote FReeZA activities
How often will the meetings be?
Our preferred method is that we meet face to face at least a couple of times a term, due to the current restrictions this may need to happen via skype or phone.
What will Youth Staff do?
Mildura Rural City Council Youth services staff will provide the following support;
- Identify and plan training
- Provide adequate supervision of all young people
- Provide all catering and resources young people will need to be an active member of the committee
- Assist with transport, if needed (depending on Covid19 restrictions)
- Organise a celebration dinner
- Provide written references
For more information call (03) 5018 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org