Child Safe Standards
Council, its leaders, staff and volunteers to are committed to child safety and to creating a child safe organisation that is consistent with the Child Safe Standards. Council will implement and maintain the Child Safe Standards as listed below:
- Standard 1: Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- Standard 2: A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- Standard 3: A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Standard 4: Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Standard 5: Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Standard 6: Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Standard 7: Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children
Council makes the following statement of commitment in relation to child safety:
Mildura Rural City Council is committed to child safety. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our employees and volunteers.
We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
Mildura Rural City Council is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
Mildura Rural City Council has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all employees and volunteers.
We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and in providing a safe environment for children with disability.
We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, employees and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.