Mildura South Regional Sporting Precinct
The Mildura South Regional Sporting Precinct will, for the first time, provide a central home for a number of indoor sporting user groups in the district. These groups generate the equivalent of an estimated 200,000 venue visitations each year. The business case for this facility shows it will provide a venue for major events including concerts and regional and national sporting events, making the economic case for this project very strong. It will also accommodate the need for community open space and passive leisure activities in the Mildura South area - one of our region’s main residential growth corridors. The Precinct will also include a café to cater for users of the sporting facilities and local residents.
This initiative is part of the Mildura Future Ready strategy, and is currently being constructed on the corner of Deakin Avenue and Sixteenth Street.
Stage 1 of the Mildura South Regional Sporting Precinct is jointly funded by:
|The Australian Government
|The Victorian Government
|Mildura Rural City Council
Community Contribution (Mildura Netball Association,
South Mildura Sporting Club, Sunraysia Football
Netball League and Sunraysia Volleyball Inc.)
|Cricket Australia/Cricket Victoria
Stage 2 of the Mildura South Regional Sporting Precinct is funded by:
| The Victorian Government
|| $10 million
Stage 1 of the project includes:
- A two-storey stadium. The ground floor will comprise six sports courts, change rooms, foyer, reception, administration offices, public amenities, storage and spectator seating, café/kiosk. The second floor will house function rooms, social/club rooms, public amenities and storage.
- AFL-standard oval with a cricket turf wicket and light towers (500 lux capacity)
- Four outdoor netball courts and competition lighting
- A standalone pavilion featuring coach and timekeepers box, change rooms for umpires and players, public amenity, storage for outdoor sports and a canteen/kiosk.
- External amenities, including sealed car parking, drainage, pathways and landscaping
View Stage 1 site plans here
Stage 2 of the project includes:
- Sports Hub Administration
- Squash Courts with Umpire Viewing
- Second Oval with associated change rooms and amenity
- Sealed car park expansion
- Landscaping improvements
It is anticipated that Stage 2 works will commence in 2021.
Construction of Stage 1 of the project is expected to be completed by mid-2021. Funding to complete Stage 2 of construction was secured in the Victorian Budget 2021-22.