Mildura Rural City Council Youth Leadership Program
The YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM aims to provide a personal and professional development opportunity for young people aged 16 to 25 years. Participants will be guided through a transformative process over a six-month period, where they will connect to their strengths, and design an inspiring and hope-filled career, school performance or life pathway plan that matches their vision, values and aspirations.
- Help Mildura Rural City Council promote a positive image of young people in the community and recognise their contribution to community life
- Provide advice and recommendations to Mildura Rural City Council on issues facing young people in the community
- Develop and deliver youth-led actions from the Mildura Rural City Council Youth Engagement Strategy
- Increase participant’s leadership skills
- Delivery of youth-led projects and actions such as the Youth Expo from Mildura Rural City Council Youth Engagement Strategy
- Development of participant’s communication skills, public speaking, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence and ability to recognise their personal strengths and aspirations.
- Increased awareness of local services and challenges in our community through agency visits and guest speakers
- Effective stress management – create the ultimate goal of a balanced life for work, study, relaxation, relationships, fun and building resilience
The Youth Leadership Program is fully funded by Mildura Rural City Council.
The program will run from April to November. Meetings will be held after 5pm, while workshops will be delivered once a month on Saturdays. A comprehensive list of program dates can be found in the attached Calendar.
Expressions of Interest
Completed applications must be submitted by 5pm, Thursday 26 March 2020.
How do I find out more?
For more information or assistance with the application, contact Youth Development Officer Barbara Clifford on (03) 5018 8100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org