Detox Your Home
Local residents will have the chance to dispose of household chemicals for free as part of Sustainability Victoria’s Detox Your Home event.
This year’s event will at the Mildura Landfill and transfer station on Saturday 20 November from 9.30am to 12.30pm. Register online at https://bit.ly/3ntbPPZ
What can be disposed of?
Items labelled Corrosive 8, Oxidizing agent 5.1, Toxic 6.1, Flammable liquid 3 and Flammable solid 4.1.
- Acids and alkalis, including spirit of salt, bleach, vinegar and rust remover, hydrochloric acid
- Aerosol cans, including gas canisters and aerosols (empty cans can be put in your recycling bin)
- Cleaners (ammonia based), including oven, drain, shower and glass cleaners
- Fire extinguishers
- Floor-care products and waxes
- Make up
- Nail polish and remover
- Photographic chemicals
- Glues, including water-based and solvents
Garden and pool
- Insect spray and pesticides
- Pool chemicals, including liquid pool chlorine and pool salts
- Weed killers
- Brake fluid
- Car body filler
- Car wax
- Fuels, including petrol, diesel and kerosene
- Rat poison
- Transmission fluid
- Turps, thinners and paint strippers
What items aren't acceptable?
Find out more by visiting the Detox Your Home website