Financial Hardship due to COVID-19
We understand these are uncertain times and that some in our community will be experiencing financial challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mildura Rural City Council is committed to assisting residents and businesses wherever possible.
We will work with you to support you during this time. Simply complete the Financial Hardship Form below or call us on (03) 5018 8100 during business hours.
We realise that the duration of this crisis is unknown, the situation is changing quickly and the State and Federal Governments and other institutions are announcing support packages and changes regularly. Council will continue to review the assistance measures regularly and adjust and respond.
We have introduced a number of measures to support people experiencing hardship, depending on their individual circumstances:
- We have broadened and simplified our Financial Hardship Policy(PDF, 249KB) to allow everyone with a genuine need to access it easily. Eligibility has been extended to include residential, business and farm rate categories on an ongoing basis.
- Flexible options are available for rate payment plans, including the ability to defer rate payments until 30 June 2020 if necessary.
- We will waive interest and not apply late fees on overdue rates for the 4th quarter rates instalment through to 30 June 2020.
- Flexible options are available for the payment of lease fees for commercial tenants and community and sporting groups renting Council property or facilities.
- Lease fees for commercial tenants renting Council property will be discounted for the final quarter of the 2019-20 Financial Year.
Footpath Trading Permits
- All current permits for Goods, Advertising Signs and Outdoor Dining Facilities have been extended for two months and will now expire on 31 October 2020.
- Permit holders do not need to do anything to receive this extension. It will be applied automatically and a credit deducted to the cost of permit renewal fees when they are issued at the end of October.
- Options are available to defer animal registration payments. Please contact us to ensure our records reflect your circumstances.
Phone (03) 5018 8100