Wandering, injured or dead animals

If you come across a wandering, lost, injured or dead animal, contact the following authorities who are responsible for handing these incidents.

Wandering or lost animals

Lost or wandering domestic animals on roads or public areas should be reported to Council.
Phone (03) 5018 8100

Injured or dead domestic animals

Council is responsible for removing dead animals from town roads and public areas. 
Phone (03) 5018 8100

Injured wildlife

Injured or orphaned native animals such as kangaroos, birds, possums, lizards and snakes on roads or in public areas should be reported to Wildlife Victoria.
Phone 1300 094 535

Livestock on roads

Loose or wandering livestock should be reported to Council immediately.
Phone (03) 5018 8100