Deakin Avenue Urban Design Guidelines
Council adopted the Deakin Avenue Urban Design Guidelines on 25 August 2016.
Council has commissioned the preparation of Urban Design Guidelines for Mildura’s iconic boulevard, Deakin Avenue.
In order to complete this project, Council has appointed Planisphere Pty Ltd, a qualified and experienced consultant, to deliver a robust set of guidelines to ensure new development is designed to reflect, enhance and respond to the desired visual, cultural and built character of Deakin Avenue.
The project is to be prepared in three stages including the Key Issues Report (KIR), the Strategic Vision and Objectives (SVO), leading finally to the preparation of the Urban Design Guidelines (UDG).
The project will provide a revised and consolidated local policy framework for the Avenue in the Mildura Planning Scheme and form the basis of assessment of development applications.
It will also integrate with the continuing proposed landscape works for Deakin Avenue’s median in accordance with the Deakin Avenue Master Plan 2006.
The project is proposed in line with and in response to the following key events/factors:
- The importance of Deakin Avenue as a significant boulevard in the Mildura Urban Area with a very high visual amenity
- The historical and heritage value of Deakin Avenue
- Inappropriate use and development could jeopardise Deakin Avenue as the grand boulevard entrance to Mildura
A low resolution copy of the final report is available below for web viewing. If you find that this is insufficient for your needs a high resolution copy may be obtained on disk by contacting the Strategic Planning Team on (03) 5018 8419.
For further information about the project please contact Council’s strategic planning team on (03) 5018 8419.
- May 2015: Consultant Appointed
- May–10 June 2015: Public Consultation for Stage 1
- July 2015: the Key Issues Report has been prepared
- 5 August 2015: Public Consultation and Workshops for Stage 2
- 25 September – 16 October 2015: Public Exhibition for Draft Strategic Vision & Objectives Paper
- 26 November 2015: Council adopted the Key Issues Report and the Strategic Vision and Objectives Paper
- 20 May 2016 - Exhibition of Draft Guidelines Closes
- 25 August 2016 - Adoption of Guidelines