Council’s role in flood emergencies

The Victoria State Emergency Service VICSES is the lead agency during a flood event.

Mildura Rural City Council’s main roles in a flood event are:

  • Provide relief and recovery services to affected residents, including establishing Relief Centres when requested by emergency services. SES remains the primary agency for flood damage responses.
  • Manage Council-owned community assets and Council-managed land.
  • Manage issues involving stormwater drainage.
  • Access and repairs to local roads, including roads that are under water. The Department of Transport is responsible for major arterial roads and highways.
  • Provide support to the lead response agency and other emergency services when requested.

To contact Mildura Rural City Council call 03 5018 8100

Understanding our Urban Stormwater Drainage System