Be kind to business
Shopping locally and supporting our local business community is more important than ever right now. Businesses of all sizes continue to be impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions. We’re proud of how operators across the Mildura region pivoted as the crisis unfolded, responding to the changing guidelines so they could keep operating to serve the community and employing their staff.
By shopping locally, you are not only supporting small businesses, you are also supporting local job growth and helping to build strong, vibrant communities.
Ways to be kind to business
- Buy a voucher or gift certificate from a local business to use at a later date
- Enjoy a drink or meal from one of the many local restaurants, cafes and wineries offering takeaway and home delivery
- Promote local businesses you love on social media - like, follow, share, comment or tag!
- Enjoy a 'stay-cation' and plan a holiday in your home town
- Buy direct from local producers and farmers
- Tell friends, family and colleagues about great local service, products and businesses you've experienced
- Put a deposit down on a tour or accommodation booking for the future
- Look for local suppliers and businesses that offer the services or goods you need
Support for businesses
Financial support, grants and business advice
There are a range of resources and services available to assist businesses operators during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Financial hardship due to COVID-19
If your business has been impacted due to COVID-19 there are flexible payment plan options available for Mildura Rural City Council rates, fees and other charges.