Mildura Rural City Council’s FReeZA program is part of the Victorian State Government funded initiative that gives young people the opportunity to lead the planning and staging of live music and cultural events in our community.
In 2018 the FReeZA Committee will be responsible for producing, promoting and evaluating five events within the Mildura municipality.
Goals and Objectives
The objectives of the FReeZA program are to:
- Implement a youth participation approach for engaging young people in the planning and staging of FReeZA events.
- Stage a broad range of events that is reflective of the youth population in the community.
- Develop young people’s skills through youth development and training activities.
- Improve young people’s career pathways into further education, training, employment and other volunteering opportunities.
- Improve the recognition of young people’s volunteering by acknowledging their contributions to the local community.
- Strengthen connections and partnerships with local businesses, schools, training institutions and other youth service providers in the staging of events and increase young people’s access and participation in the program.
Being a participant of the Mildura Rural City Council FReeZA Program requires a significant level of commitment from all committee members.
To participate you must:
- Nominees must be between 16 – 25 years of age as of 1 January 2018.
- Nominees must either live, work, or study in the Mildura Rural City Council municipality.
- Be able to attend at least 80% of monthly committee meetings.
- Be able to attend at least 80% of Events and Training.
- Community members shall serve as a FReeZA Committee member in a voluntary capacity.
- Be involved as an active participant until November 2018.
Applications open Monday 30 October and close 1 December 2017.
Email completed form to: email@example.com
For more information or assistance with the application, please contact the Youth Program & Participation Officer, Rachel Brook on (03) 5018 8100.
Application must be received by 5pm on Friday 1 December 2017.