The Community Garden at Mildura Eco Village includes a series of irrigated raised and ground level garden beds across the site. The Community Garden comprises:
- Various sized, fully irrigated raised garden beds
- Various fully irrigated ground level garden beds
- A composting area
- Fully functioning worm farm
- Public art
- Sustainable children's play area
Using the Community Garden
- To apply for your own garden plot within the Community Garden please read the Community Garden Guidelines(PDF, 77KB), complete a Community Garden Application Form(PDF, 256KB) and contact Mildura Rural City Council's Environmental Sustainability Unit on (03) 5018 8455.
- Anyone can become a member of the Community Garden by joining the Sunraysia Sustainability Network. Membership is currently free and covers public liability and volunteer insurance.
- A Garden Committee will be elected annually by Garden Members to ensure a fair decision making process about the garden
- Garden Members can contribute their time and experience in many ways, they also have the right to apply for their own plot.
- Garden Members with their own plot will make an annual contribution to help cover costs establishing the raised beds and irrigation, maintenance, tools, plants, soil and fertiliser. Contributions may start at around $50 for small plots.
- Workshops and hands on learning experiences will be open to the whole community.
About the Community Garden
The Garden is place where you, your family or community group can:
- Grow fresh food on your own garden plot
- Volunteer your time to help out at the garden
- Work with and learn from other people
- Develop new skills through hands on experience and workshops
- Swap produce with others
- Prepare and eat the food you grow at events on site
- Be part of something unique in our community